Thursday, May 1, 2008

My First Post is My Last Post

OK, I've been meaning to put this site up for some time, though finally realized recently I could start a blog and save a whole pile of time and a few bucks....

Anyhow, I'm a fan of Bosch. I have a few of their power tools, and I like to put their parts in my vehicles. At our first house my wife and I bought a Nexxt washer and dryer when they first came out in 2004. There are not many companies I'll buy first-generation cars, computers, or appliances from. I trusted Bosch enough to do just that.

I don't work for Bosch, I don't know anyone that does. Bosch doesn't know anything about this site; it's purely something I'm putting together because I believe that Bosch's Nexxt washer and dryer are some of the best domestic laundry equipment available. They're quiet, extremely efficient, well-built, and do a fantastic job.

That's not to say we didn't have issues with the fairly common E:04 drain error on the machine that we sold with our first house (after the error was fixed; see my first post for details).

However, in researching how to fix the error, I found lots and lots of owners that were frustrated by this. And let's face it. While we're still in the petroleum age, people in this country will be buying laundry machines. For the amount of resources that goes into manufacturing and operating these things, it makes a ton of sense to me to make sure that efficiency is of the highest concern. So to see a machine as impeccable as the Nexxt marred by something as stupid as detergent film build up on the impeller than can be removed by running a few empty loads with fabric softener added (again, see my first post) was a bummer.

Finally, I'm just a homeowner that likes Bosch's products. I'm not a trained service technician. I'm not qualified to give advice. If you happen to try anything I mention here, or get any ideas and try something I don't mention, you're on your own: you take the risk. In other words, if you get hurt or break something or drain water all over your new floor, don't blame me, it's your responsibility.

That said, if any of this does help, I'd love it if you'd leave a comment ;)

No comments: